Sunday, August 1, 2010

For the Rest of 2010


As of today, August 1, 2010, we can officially say that we have 5 months remaining in this year. Just like everyone else, I continue to have my share of challenges in one area or another and sometimes the agony from the pressure seems unbearable. On the other hand, I am reminded to celebrate my life’s purpose and achievements. When I think about my short-term and long-term strategy for emerging from the ashes of discouragement, adversity and alleged defeat, I reflect on this scripture that has become my daily mantra: “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3: 5-6)

I welcome and grip a sense of peace that tells me to focus on God instead of my circumstances. I pray that I can truly be a catalyst of encouragement to others that energizes their spirit to strive towards upward mobility, instead of downward stagnation. Sometimes life deals us an unexpected deck of cards where the odds seem to be stacked against us. Yet, we take the hand we are dealt, and ask God to show us His divine plan, through possibilities that seem humanly impossible.

May we continue to embrace the fruits of the spirit that will lead us to our divine calling and the impact we make on others: Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness and Temperance. Let us reenergize our minds, body and spirit. However, if we are caught up in the midst of a ball of confusion, that often hits us like a run-a-way freight train, we must remember to step out of that circle of chaos into the arms of quiet serenity extended from God. Continue to be encouraged by embracing the peace within. Do not allow the current challenges of life to dictate the rest of the chapter you are writing for the balance of this year.

http://www.kymgmoore.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment