Sunday, November 27, 2011

What Keeps You Grounded?

At the beginning of this year, I made a commitment to do something each day to remind myself that I must stay grounded as much as possible, if not at all times. My goal was to make a gratitude journal that only included the things I am grateful for each day. That’s it, plain and simple. Nothing complex.

My main challenge was to be committed each day to write an entry of gratitude, regardless of how my day went. God used this task to remind me of how humble and grateful I must remain. On some days, I was simply grateful that God’s wrath did not rain down on me due to an un-Godly thought, un-Godly speech or my behavior. On days like that, I have to thank God that I recognized my shortcomings and asked His forgiveness. As of this day, I have to say that since January 1, 2011, I made an entry into my Gratitude Journal every single day. Sometimes I am reminded to do it before I go to bed and on other days, I make an entry earlier in the day. This daily task was a little difficult at times, but more often than not, it was the one thing that helped me to be reminded of how awesome God is.

With the help of The Lord, I try to not become entrapped with me, myself and I, which could lead to the hazards of making unwise decisions that will catapult into mass destruction. I think when you recognize and acknowledge your spiritual groundedness, your spiritual senses are awakened with a renewed sense of purpose, awareness and direction. When I rest in assurance that God is in control, then I will find contentment in His perpetual love, peace, joy and blessings.

So in the midst of things going right or awry, what keeps you grounded every single day?

No comments:

Post a Comment