Sunday, December 18, 2011

Have You Ever Seen the Rainbow in a Drop of Water?

Condensation periodically builds up on my windows throughout the night, which is not an uncommon occurrence. Sometimes, when you least expect it, you will look at something and it makes you go “hmmm”. This happened this morning as I walked past one of my windows. Although this particular window does not face the sun directly, an iridescent prism from a single drop of water on the window reflected so majestically, that I had to back up and examine it closely.

Somehow, the sun’s reflection indirectly permeated one of the water drops on my window and an amazingly sharp prism of colors beamed like the facets in a diamond. It was definitely one of those “stop, look and reflect” moments. If I simply ignored that water drop, I would have missed this amazing performance of the sun dancing in all of its grandeur, on a single drop of water that seemed so insignificant, but served its purpose with a dignified pose. Two minutes later, the sun shifted and the prism of colors had their final curtain call, as that drop of water trickled down the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment